Monday 27 July 2015

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation Review

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
In June whilst I was visiting my step brother in Prague I decided to pick up Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation from one of the local Sephora's. Originally I was going to buy Nars Sheer Glow, however, in the Sephora I was visiting they had none left in my shade (Mont Blanc) so I decided to try this instead. One of the lovely girls working in the shop helped me match my shade and applied it to my face so I could see what it looked like on the skin. She matched me to the shade Mont Blanc in both the Sheer Glow and the Luminous Weightless Foundation. I was very happy with the service in Sephora, hopefully one day they will open Sephora's in the UK!

More About Me

I think it is important to know more about my skin as my opinion of this foundation maybe different to someone else with a completely different skin type because different foundations suit different skin types and something I recommend may not not work as well for someone else. My skin type is normal/dry and I do experience some redness and breakouts. I also have fairly sensitive skin. My normal preference in a foundation is something more luminous and dewy, which  will makes my skin look more glowing and healthy. I normally enjoy a medium coverage which can be built up to full for when I am going somewhere and want a heavier coverage. (I usually stick to BB Creams or Tinted Moisturisers for something a little more sheer). 

More About the Product

I have been so exited to try this foundation as I have seen so many amazing reviews online, especially on Youtube. Zoella is the blogger that inspired me to try this the most after she featured it in one of her favourites videos.

Comes with a pump
First of all, the packaging is gorgeous. It is in a frosted glass bottle which feels expensive and looks lovely on top of my bathroom counter. However, glass might not be very convenient for someone that travels regularly as it is heavier and more likely to break then a glass bottle. It comes with a pump (yay!) which makes it easier to distribute the product. Overall, the packaging looks classy and beautiful which I expected from a £32 foundation.

The Nars website claims it to have a "full, natural looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16 hour wear". From my experience, I would say that it does give you a good medium/full coverage and can be built up in areas to make it full coverage. You can still feel that you have foundation on, however,  it feels much lighter then a lot of foundations I have used previously and is comparable to the feel of a BB cream. I can not comment too much on the 16hr wear as I do not tend to keep makeup on my face that long, however, I have worn this foundation going out at night and on long days exploring London and can confirm it has excellent staying power. It works nicely with or without a primer (I personally don't see much difference.) I would reach for this foundation if I know I am going to need something more long lasting and want my makeup to look flawless for as long as possible. 

Preview (sorry about the quality)
On the website it recommends to "warm one drop of All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in the palm of your hand then blend in small sections, starting at the centre of the face moving outward." Personally I found it best putting 2 pumps on the back of my hand (3 if I want higher coverage) and dotting it around my face then buffing in with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush. It does take some time to blend and warm into the skin. This might not be ideal for someone in a rush, but looks great when it is all blended. 

Overall, I am very impressed with this product, I have been using it for around a month, mostly for special occasions or for days I know I want my makeup to last long and look good. They have 20 shades on offer, which cater for all skin tones. I would say the shade I have is slightly too pale but once I have warmed my face up with bronzer and contour it looks perfect (and looks more natural if I overdo it with the bronzer!) It is on the higher end of the price range, however, you are paying for a high quality product in lovely packaging. I would probably not use this as my every day foundation as it would become expensive to repurchase a £32 foundation. Also I generally prefer a more sheer coverage for every day purposes. I would recommend this foundation and overall I am very pleased with my purchase. 

Overview

My Shade: Mont Blanc (light with pink under-tones)
Shade Selection: 20
Coverage: Medium/full build-able (depending on how applied)
Price: £32
Finish: Luminous Satin
Lasting Power: 8/10
Overall Rating: 8.5/10



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig